About Us - Background
The Whippet Health Foundation, Inc. is a nonprofit charitable Corporation formed to provide financial and other support for individuals and organizations focusing their charitable, educational and research efforts on dogs in general and the Whippet in particular.
The specific objectives and purposes of this Foundation shall include but not be limited to the following:
- To further the understanding of diseases, genetic anomalies, injuries and other ailments that affect dogs in general and the Whippet in particular.
- To support and promote research on diseases, genetic anomalies, injuries, other ailments, the genetics and breeding of the Whippet.
- To establish a data base of health and scientific educational and resource materials on the Whippet.
- To develop and make available to general public and Whippet fanciers information about the proper care, breeding, health and development of Whippets.
TO ADVANCE THESE PURPOSES, THE FOUNDATION WILL FUND PROJECTS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- VETERINARY RESEARCH: Projects which promote and develop understanding of diseases, genetic anomalies or injuries which affect dogs in general and the Whippet in particular.
- GENERAL RESEARCH: Projects which promote and develop understanding of the health, development, and breeding of the Whippet with emphasis on projects which will provide or generate useful data which can be communicated to the general public and the Fancy.
- WHIPPET RELATED: Funding may be granted for other worthy Whippet related projects not specifically falling within any of the foregoing categories and permitted under the laws governing the Foundation.
Since the Foundation may have limited financial resources, it prefers to make Grants where the impact of it's contribution will be significant to the donee and/or will generate significant results. Examples of such Grants are:
- Seed money for a project.
- Matching grants.
- Ongoing funding for projects in which a significant result is anticipated.
Although on occasion the Foundation may provide all the funding for a given project, in most cases only a portion of a projected budget will be underwritten, usually as a challenge grant with the express condition that the balance of the funds be raised from other sources. The Foundation can serve as a catalyst to leverage support from other donors. The Foundation will not provide funds for administration or overhead of a project.
The Whippet Health Foundation, Inc. will accept grant and project proposals at any time. Those determined worthy by the Board of Directors will be funded based on the availability of funds. The Guidelines and Procedures for Grant Applications shall be applicable to all grant requests. The Board of Directors is not required to distribute any particular percentage of available funds to any particular area. In all cases the division of funds will be determined on the basis of the worthiness of the projects under consideration.
Grants will be made ONLY when organizations commit to providing evaluation reports.
WHF Board Of Directors
12035 West Brown Deer Road
Milwaukee, WI 53224
Connie Brunkow, *Vice President*
19644 Henning Road
Danville, IL 61834
Susan Bolduc, *Treasurer*
31 North St.
Blandford, MA 01008
Cathy Gaidos, *Secretary*
10177 Blue River Hills Road
Manhattan, KS 66503
14855 Newark Rd.
Newark, IL 60541
503 Mason Road
Durham, NC 27712
P.O. Box 989
Toano, VA 23168
5654 Chalstrom Drive
Saginaw, MN 55779
2848 Alpin Road
Crestview, FL 32539
Class of 2020
Bolduc, Nierengarten, McMichael
Class of 2021
Brunkow, Costello, Latimer
Class of 2022
Arthur, Gaidos, Hughes